Skillet Mac n Cheese with Turkey Kielbasa
- 12 oz turkey kielbasa, sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 12 oz dry pasta
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- black pepper, to taste preference
- In a large skillet, cook kielbasa pieces until brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Clean out skillet lightly.
- In same skillet, add water, 1 cup evaporated milk, and pasta. Bring to a medium boil. Let is simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender and liquid has thicken.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 cup evaporated milk with cornstarch.
- Add to skillet mixture and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheese. Add black pepper. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Stir in cooked kielbasa.