Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup mashed banana ( 2 large or 3 medium bananas)
- 3/4 cup milk or almond milk, room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease or Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray or grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Spread chopped pecans on an ungreased baking sheet. Toast for 4 to 6 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed banana, milk, eggs, coconut oil or butter, maple syrup, and vanilla then beat until smooth. Stir in the oats, 1/2 cup of the toasted pecans, the cinnamon, and salt. Stir making sure the mixture is well-combined.
- Spread oatmeal into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and light golden brown on top.
- Cool in the baking dish, at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with heated milk or cream, maple syrup, additional toasted pecans, or fresh fruit.
Reheat oatmeal by placing individual servings on a plate, drizzled with a little milk or cream, and heating in the microwave about 30 seconds.
Modified from the following source: