Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Nonstick olive oil spray
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower, grated (about 1/2 a large head)
- 1 large organic egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Himalayan salt (http://www.goutcure.com/pink-himalayan-salt.html) and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- 1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 425ºF.
- 2. Grate the cauliflower using a box grater until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles. Place in a large bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool.
- 3. Mix in the egg, one cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared pizza pan. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- 4. Top the pizza with the sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella, grape tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, another 10 minutes. Top with basil before serving.